I didn’t do much research before leaving on my trip. Among the things I learned after arriving:
- Guatemala is very not flat.
- June is the start of el invierno, which means it’s rained almost every day I’ve been here.
- I would be in San Pedro La Laguna for el Día de San Pedro on June 29.
In San Pedro, this is a huge two week celebration. The activities include:
- Church processions.
- Bands playing hasta las seis de la mañana.
- A carnival with multiple Ferris Wheels.
- The finals of the local fútbol league.
- Bombas. Scheduled for 4am in the official program of events.
Here’s a video I made of the parade:
My photos are here.